Create Breaks Rule
Breaks Rules can be defined if employees are required to take a break (i.e. lunch break).
1) Click on the Time and Attendance icon from the navigation menu, then select the Time and Attendance Rule Management option in the Time and Attendance Management section.
2) Press the Edit Rule tab.
3) Press the Add New button next to Breaks Rules.
4) Enter a Title for the Breaks Rule.
5) From the Organizational Units drop-down, select the Organizational Unit the Rule will be used for.
6) Select the Configuration type.
Break Starts: the user can choose the number of hours/minutes after which the break will start into the
- Time Entry: will make the Breaks Rule bind to the time when an employee punches in.
- Schedule Day: will make the Breaks Rule bind to the OU-specific schedule day.
- Calendar Day: will make the Breaks Rule bind to the calendar day.
If Employee Works more than: the user can set the number of hours/minutes into the time entry so that when an employee works more than that number, the break starts.
7) Select the duration of the break using the Minimum break duration, Maximum break duration, and Minimum shift duration fields.
Note: In the example above, the employee has a 30-minute break that starts 4 hours after he/she punched in.
8) Select options from the If it's a short break, generate, If it's a long break, generate, and If break is not taken, generate drop-downs.
Soft Exception: generates a Problem Notification for the Supervisor.
Hard Exception: stops the Employee from performing the action.
9) If you'd like to apply a pay code to the break, select one of the pay codes from the Apply pay code to break drop-down.
10) Optional: select filters from the Employee Conditions drop-downs.
11) Press the Save button.