This feature allows administrators to place limits on how far into the future employees are able to request Ad-Hoc Volunteering.
Note: Rule changes and new rules will not be applied to employees currently
logged into Indeavor. In order for the rule to take affect, the employee must
log out of Indeavor and log back in.
Create a Configuration Profile
1. Click on the Administration icon .
2. Select the ESS Cut Off Rules option from the Settings section.
3. Press the New button.
4. Enter a Title for the Cut Off Configuration.
5. From the Scope drop-down , select the desired scope for the Configuration.
6. Press the Save button.
Add a Rule
1. From the ESS Cut Off Rules drop-down menu , select the Configuration.
2. Press the Add rule button.
3. Enter a Title for the rule.
4. From the Type drop-down menu , select Ad-Hoc Volunteering.
5. Use the drop-down menu to select the desired Employee filters. These define which employees the Cut Off rule will affect.
6. In the Ad-Hoc volunteering filters section, select the desired Days from the respective drop-downs .
7. Set the Window Type using the provided fields.
Opening:This type of window defines when employees can perform a certain
action for a defined period type (based on evaluation context). All other
periods are considered to be closed and not available to perform the action.
Closing:This type of window defines when employees cannot perform a
certain action for a defined period type (based on evaluation context). All
other periods are considered to be opened and available to perform the action.
8. From the Evaluation Context drop-down menu select the desired value based on which the cut off rules will be evaluated.
Note: Evaluation Context defines what you will be allowed to select within the
Start of Window or End of Window.
On day:Enables a daily request overtime window.
On week:Enables a weekly request overtime window.
On weekend:Enables a weekend request overtime window.
9. To set values other than the pre-selected options, check Set the start window or Set the end of window to select from more options.
The user can edit both Start of Window and End of Window. It means the user can
change the date in between the beginning of the End of Window to the date before
the Start of Window (the End of Window should be set less than the
Start of Window).
The employees can make a request after 3 days (end of window) but before 5 days
(start of window). Suppose, today is 16th of the month- the employees therefore
can request an Ad-Hoc volunteering in the 20th and 21st of that month.
10. Press the Save button.
11. You can then access the Access Configuration through the ESS Cut Off Rules drop-down, by selecting the desired Configuration Profile.
Note: From the example above, you can see the result within the employee page:
The employee can select the Scheduling> Volunteering & Availability>