How to Change Leave/Assignment Conflict Resolution Settings
A set of options exists that allows to establish a certain resolution/action in a case of a leave/assignment conflict. If a leave and assignment overlap in one way or another, there is a way to establish what happens in that situation. Leave/assignment conflicts may occur to both full-day and hour leaves. See steps below to set necessary resolution options.
1) From the Administration icon in the navigation menu, select Settings and then Preferences Administration.
2) Under Leaves and then Leave/Assignment Conflict Resolution. Depending on the type of a leave conflict (full-day or hour), select the appropriate type of a conflict:
- Full-Day Leave Spans the Whole Assignment
- Full-Day Leave Subset of the Assignment Period
- Full-Day Leave Starts Inside the Assignment Period
- Full-Day Leave Ends Inside the Assignment Period
- Hour Leave Spans the Whole Assignment
- Hour Leave Subset of the Assignment Period
- Hour Leave Starts Inside the Assignment Period
- Hour Leave Ends Inside the Assignment Period
3) Then select the Scope for which the changes will be performed (Domain versus a specific Organizational Unit).
4) Once one of the eight conflicts is selected (for example Full-Day Leave Spans the Whole Assignment), indicate the resolution strategy for the specific conflict. Three solutions exist:
- Delete Assignment
- No Action
- Remove Overlapping Portion of Assignment
5) Click on the Save button to save the setting(s).
6) Repeat steps 2-5 for all other leave/assignment conflict types.