Create an Overtime Rule
The Overtime Rule helps the user define what will count as Overtime hours. This Rule is independent from the Overtime check box present in the Roster.
1) Click on the Time and Attendance icon from the navigation menu, then select the Time and Attendance Rule Management option in the Time and Attendance Management section.
2) Press the Edit Rule tab.
3) Press the Add New button next to Overtime.
4) Enter a Title for the Overtime Rule.
5) From the Organizational Units drop-down, select the Organizational Unit the Rule will be used for.
6) In the Time Conditions section, enter the Hours and Minutes that constitute the change from Straight time to Overtime in a certain period.
7) In addition the user can set a consecutive days worked threshold.
8) From the Pay Codes that count towards drop-down, select all the Pay codes that contribute to reaching the Overtime Threshold.
9) Optional: select a minimum time before the Rule applies.
10) Check or uncheck the Extend across pay periods option, depending on Overtime calculations.
11) Optional: The user can use Employee Conditions to further narrow the applicability of the rule.
12) From the Mark as Pay Code drop-down, select the desired end pay Code of the Overtime.
13) Optional: Check Generate hard Exception if the user wishes to stop Employees from performing an action, which would lead to the Rule coming into effect.
Note: Example shows Overtime Rule, which designates 40+ hours/ week as Overtime within a Pay Period.
14) Press the Save button.