1) From the navigation menu, select Administration icon, go to the Settings section and select Tools.
2) Select the Excel Client link from the options under Tools.
3) Open and unzip the folder for Excel Client.
4) Open folders in the following order: Excelinteropclient > Import > Core > Use Mappings.
5) Open EmployeeLeaveRequests.import.xml.
6) Specify the <ExternalSystem value=””/> in the opened XML.
Note: the External System value can be found from the Administration>Settings>External System.
7) Verify that the Excel import file has the following format.
Note: Make sure that the following fields below are set properly.
- ID = Blank
- Employee = External Code
This code can be found from the Administration>Settings>Entity Mappings under the Employee from the Select Entity Type drop-down.
- Leave Type = External Code
This code can be found from the Administration>Settings>Entity Mappings under the Leave Type from the Select Entity Type drop-down.
- Accounting Period = External Code
This code can be found from the Administration>Settings>Entity Mappings under the Accounting Period from the Select Entity Type drop-down.
- Order = 0
Note: This is the preference order for employee requests.
- Istatus = 0-4
Note: 0=Requested, 1=Rejected, 2=Suggested, 3=Approved and 4=Withdrawn.
- LeaveStartDate and LeaveEndDate = yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm
8) From the previous Excelinteropclient folder, open the WorkLoud.xla file.
9) Enable Macro feature.
10) Under the Add-Ins menu, select WorkLoud Interop Addin.
11) Highlight entries you want to import, including the headers.
12) From the WorkLoud Interop Addin drop-down, select Import, then All Supported Imports.
13) Enter your login information.
Note: Make sure that the Server URL is set to Production.
14) Press the Login button.
15) From the list select Employee Leave Requests.
16) Press the OK button.
17) Optional: Select Run in Background, if you are importing a large number of entries at one time.
18) Press the OK button.
19) When the import is complete, press the OK button on the pop-up window.
20) The leaves will now show on the Roster of WorkLoud (you may need to refresh the page).