Transfer an Employee between Organizational Units
This article will walk the user through the required steps to transfer an employee to a different Organizational Unit. Transferring an employee to a different organizational unit will:
- Remove them from schedule generation
- Remove their qualifications
- Remove their base schedule(s)
- Remove their leave balance
1) In Domain Administration, log into all active organizational units.
2) Click on the Administration icon from the navigation menu, then select Employee Management option in the Employee Management section.
3) Select the Edit button next to the target employee.
4) Select the transfer button next to Primary Organizational Units field.
5) From the drop-down, select the desired action.
Note: Employees may be associated with only one Primary Organizational Unit. Employees may be associated with multiple Secondary (Non-Primary) Organizational Units.
6) From the drop-down, select a new Primary Organization Unit.
Note: The user has the option of keeping the old Primary Organizational Unit as Non-Primary.
7) Select the time that the change will be applied.
8) Press the Next button.
9) Select whether to keep or inactivate each command.
10) Press the Next button.
Note: You will get a warning message that lists any associated items that will become inactivated.
11) Press the Finish button to proceed with the inactivation.
Note: If the employee is transferred to another organizational unit at a future date, the employee will be grayed out on the Roster starting from that date.
Add Employee to Employee Groups
The newly created Employee can be added to an Employee Group by either adding the group through the Employee Profile or through adding the employee through the Group Profile.
1) Select the corresponding Employee Group from the Member Of drop-down in the Employee's Profile.
2) Select the employee from the Group Of drop-down, in the Employee Group.
Set Employee Qualifications
1) Click on the Administration icon from the navigation menu, then select the Qualifications option in the Employee Management section.
2) To qualify the desired employee(s) in the new organizational unit, select the desired entity from the Qualifications drop-down.
3) Select the desired employee from the Employees panel and select the checkboxes next to the desired qualifications in the righthand side panel.
Note: Employees may also be qualified to entity items by first selecting the entity item then selecting the desired employees.
4) Press the Save button.
5) Repeat this step for all other desired entities, such as Shifts.
Allow a Base Schedule
1) Click on the Administration icon from the navigation menu, then select the Base Schedule Management option in the Employee Management section.
2) Then select the Base Schedule Allowances tab.
3) Select the desired employee or employee group from the Employees panel on the left side.
4) In the Base Schedules panel on the right side, check a checkbox next to each desired base schedule allowance.
Note: Base Schedule allowances for employees can also be defined by first selecting a base schedule, then selecting employees.
5) Press the Save button.
Assign a Base Schedule
1) Click on the Administration icon from the navigation menu, then select Base Schedule Management option in the Employee Management section.
2) Then select the Base Schedule Assignments tab.
3) Select the desired employee from the Employees panel.
4) In the Base Schedules panel on the righthand side, press the Assign button next to the desired base schedule.
Note: The user can only assign employees to base schedules that they have been allowed to. Also, employees can also be assigned to base schedules by first selecting the base schedule, then selecting employees.
Add Employee Leave Balance
1) Click on the Leave Management icon from the navigation menu, then select Balance Management in the Balances section.
2) Press the Bulk Edit button in the top left.
3) Select the box or boxes that you wish to associate for the target employee(s) and leave type.
Note: if you desire to select the entire column or row, click on the column header (leave type) or the row header (employee), respectively.
4) Then press the Balances button in the top left.
5) Select Add Balance from the Action drop-down, populate the number of leave units in the Amount field (pick appropriate unit measure) and indicate the effective date and time in Effective Date field.
Note: if the Action is valid starting from now, leave the Effective Date field blank.
6) Press the Ok button.
7) Press the Save button.
Note: To subtract a leave balance from employee(s), follow all of the steps above, but in step 4, select Subtract Balance option from Action drop-down.