The following article shows users how to create specific rules to configure team schedules for ESS. Users can adjust the types of information that employees can view each other's schedules. Using an interface involving defining the viewer employees and the target employees, the user can create different viewing capabilities for each employee.
Create a Profile
1. Click on the Administration tab .
2. Select ESS Schedule Access from the Settings section.
3. Press the New button. This will allow users to create a new profile in which they are able to configure the posted team schedules.
4. In the New Profile window, enter a Title for the Access Configuration.
5. From the Scope drop-down select the desired scope for the Configuration.
6. Press the Save button.
Add a Rule
1. From the ESS Schedule Access drop-down select the desired Profile.
2. Press the Add rule button.
3. Enter a Title for the rule.
4. Set the desired conditions for the Viewer Employees using the drop-down menus .
5. Use the drop-down menu to select the conditions for Target Employees.
- Viewer Employees are the Employees allowed to use Team schedule.
- Target Employees are the Employees who will show in the Team schedule.
- Making no selection will result in the selection of all Employees.
6. Select the desired Events to be included, from the Select events drop-down menu .
7. From the Select fields drop-down menu select the fields desired.
Note: Pressing the plus sign will add the field to the selection and
open a second drop-down menu to add multiple fields.
8. Press the Save button to save the rule.
9. To add multiple rules, press the Add rule button again and follow the previous steps.
10. When finished, press the Save button next to the ESS Schedule Access drop-down menu .
Note: The user can access the Access Configuration through the
ESS Schedule Access drop-down menu .