Navigate High Level Menu Options
This article will walk the user through some of the menu items on the top of the screen and their basic functionality.
The star button is similar to a bookmarks tab. Users can:
- Quickly jump back and forth between frequently used screens.
- Bookmark screens that are difficult to remember how to access.
- Add favorite screens by pressing the Plus button.
- Go to their home screen by pressing the House button.
Exclamation Point Button
The exclamation point button informs users when a new version of WorkLoud is released. It also gives users a link to the knowledge based articles explaining the new features.
The mail button acts as a high level notification of system actions. It notifies users when various actions are completed or if there are any new messages waiting.
The review button allows users to rate Workloud on a 5-star scale. Users may also elect to leave a comment.
Chat or Leave a Message Button
This is another way to receive help within Workloud, you can chat with us or leave a message for a Workloud Support Agent. A pop up will appear in the lower right corner of the screen. Type in your topic and a list of the top Knowledge Base Article results will show up, if they do not answer your question, you can click on "Live Chat."
Here, you will enter you name, email address, phone number (optional), your message to us, and finally decide if you would like to chat live, or just leave a message. Either way, a support ticket will open up so we can track that your issue is satisfactorily resolved.
Question Mark Button
The question mark button opens a new tab with the Workloud Support Page.
This page allows you to...
- "Submit a request" which opens up a Support Ticket.
- "Search" our library for articles to find the answer to your question.
- Browse through our Knowledge Base Articles, Workshops and the Workloud Community for the answer to your question.
In the user interface the user can:
- Adjust which organizational units is being viewed
- Adjust the system language
- Adjust the system culture
From the Search Field, the user can:
- Search for the screen or area that he/she desires to launch
Calendar Picker Button
From the Calendar, the user can:
- Navigate the Roster to a specific date range
- Navigate Back
- Navigate Forward
- Navigate to Today