Create an Employee Attribute
1) Click on the Administration icon from the navigation menu, then select Attribute Definitions option in the Attributes section.
2) Press the Add New button.
3) Enter the Name of the attribute.
4) From the Value Set drop-down select the desired value set.
Note: If you do not use a value set, the attribute will be free text.
5) Check the Is Mandatory box if the user desires that it be a requirement to set a value for this attribute.
6) The Is Fixed setting is used to indicate whether the created attribute is to be used once; if different values are entered for the same attribute, leave this check box unchecked.
7) In the Applies To menu, select the appropriate entity to which this new attribute will apply. In this case, select Applies To Employee.
8) When finished press the Save button.
9) The user can now assign the attribute to a new employee or by editing an existing employee, by selecting the desired attribute from the Add Attribute drop down menu in Employee Management.