Create and Assign Validation Rules to a Preference Form
The purpose of the Preference Form Validation is to define custom validation rules that apply to specific Preference Forms. These validation rules are used to identify a valid or non-valid Preference Form entry (for both employees and administrators/supervisors).
1) Click on the Scheduling icon from the navigation menu, then select Preference Form Validation option in the Volunteering & Availability section.
2) First select a Scope level, based on which the Preference Form Validation rules will be defined.
3) Click on the Add New button.
4) Under the General tab, select a custom validation rule from the Operation drop-down menu and enter the description of the Preference Form Validation in the Title field.
Note: Check the In Use checkbox if you want the validation rule to apply and the Is Overridable checkbox if the validation rule can be overridden by the administrator.
5) Under the Filters tab, add any filters based on which all or any conditions are met. For example, you may filter to a specific Preference Form to which the validation rule will apply. For example, you may filter to a specific Preference Form(s) to which the validation rule will apply:
- Select the Preference Forms filter and click on Plus sign.
- Select a specific Preference Form from the drop-down menu.
Note: You may add as many filters that are required for the specific Preference Form Validation rule.
5) Under the Mappings tab, leave the default mapping settings (unless stated otherwise by the ScheduleSoft Customer Success team).
6) Click Save when finished.